…here are a few interesting links that have come up in the past few days. (I’m travelling, so my current posts are brief and intermittent.)
- Ed Bott lays into some of the people misusing threat terminology to minimize the very real threats to Mac users: Trojans, viruses, worms: How does malware get on PCs and Macs?
- Paul Ducklin comments on Important Apple security updates for Snow Leopard and Lion – get ‘em today!
- Graham Cluley on the need for Mac users to take heed of the updates to Microsoft Office: What the RTF? Mac and Windows users at risk from boobytrapped documents
- Gregg Keizer comments for Computerworld on Apple’s lack of update/support for pre-Snow Leopard versions of OS X: Half of all Macs will lack access to security updates by summer (HT to Andy Hayter for pointing that out to me)
- Techshout proposes 6 Best iPad Security Apps
- And Paul Ducklin also comments on the iOS 5.1.1 update: Apple offers iOS 5.1.1 update, fixes some serious vulnerabilities
David Harley CITP FBCS CISSP